Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Newest update...

Hi again....I just wanted to update with new pictures.
This is the blanket I made for the baby shower that I mentioned in the last post, with the booties.
I added a satin edging to the blanket and a personalized hang tag for both the booties and the blanket.






















This is another of Kristie's toys that I tested. I'm also working on the anothers in the set....a pig and after that I'll do the cat or tiger I haven't decided which yet. It's a really cute set she designed this time and her next set will have a frog an elephant and a cow. You can buy her pattern for the Piggy back pals here at Kristie's etsy site.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Maria I love the satin edging on the crocheted blanket! I have done a couple afghans where I thought, this looks just like those blankets w/ the satin edge. But... my sewing skills are pthhh! So I have never tried it myself. What an elegant gift; especially with the hang tag (another thing I can't do...) :)

Unknown said...

Hello Maria

I'm about to have a baby (our first) and have been looking for a pattern to teach me how to knit a baby blanket with a wide satin trim/edging. I saw the photos of the beautiful blanket you've created and wonder whether you would mind sharing your pattern with me. I'm an amateur knitter, having only knitted a scarf before, so I'd really appreciate any pointers you might be able to offer me!