Sunday, January 03, 2016

New Year and it's time for a new project



Happy 2016
I've decided on making a Temperature scarf this year.
These are the colours I've picked and I'll use them as follows.

White for the first and last 6 rows also for 2 rows between each month.
I will knit one row per day according to the high temperature of the day,
since this year has 366 days my scarf will have 400 rows...that sounds really
long...

OK, my temp chart will be as follows
32 C and above ...red
26 to 31 C............pink
20 to 25 C............orange
13 to 19 C............yellow
7 to 12 C..............green
1 to 6 C................blue
-5 to 0 C...............turquoise
-6 to -12 C............purple
-13 to -18 C..........grey
-19 and below......black

So far the first 3 days are all turquoise as the temp here has been
0 and -2.
I want to make a basket weave pattern so not quite sure how
many rows of each k and p I will do...I'll be starting the actual knitting later so
wish me luck it ends up looking good and that I keep at it since it's such a long project.

No comments: